Hi, my name is Adam Katz and I'm a freelance digital artist with a strong technical background.
I have created content for The Discovery Channel, National Geographic, The History Channel, Animal Planet and others.
I have also worked on interactive installations for the Vivid and Beams festivals in Sydney, as well as independent films and music videos.
My work experience covers a comprehensive range including character animation, visual effects, and motion graphics.
Additionally, I develop pipeline tools for a variety of projects.
Most recently this has expanded to include interactive installations, projection mapping and virtual reality.
You can contact me at: Katz.Adam.R@Gmail.com
You can also reach me at LinkedIn
Skip to Technical Skills
ACADEMY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, Sydney, Australia
A higher and vocational education college
Software Development and Projection Mapping
- Oversee all 3d subjects
- Visual Effects
- Motion Graphics
VFX at Iloura
- Wormhole Galaxy - Vivid 2016
- Vital Spark - Beams 2016
- Lightwell - Vivid 2015 (Winner 2015 APDG Interactive Design Award)
- People Beats - Beams 2015
Experiments created for virtual and augmented reality
- While researching content for a new visual effects course, I went to
Iloura in Melbourne for a couple weeks and helped out on some of their productions
MODIO, San Francisco, California
A motion design studio
After Effects Tool Developer
- Custom creation of After Effects pipeline tools
FREELANCE AFTER EFFECTS PIPELINE TOOLS, Aescripts.com
MADE IN KATANA, Sydney, Australia
A digital entertainment agency working with local and international clients
Lead Character Animator
- 3d character animation for music videos
- Animation of humans, animals, and robots
BIG TEN NETWORK, Chicago, Illinois
Internationally distributed television sports network covering one of America's premiere college sports conferences.
3d Generalist, Motion Graphics, Pipeline Tools Creation
- Created graphics packages for long term shows and live productions
- Developed pipeline tools for automating After Effects workflow
MATTHEW BYRNE FILMS, New Orleans, Louisiana
Independent movie company
Head Graphic Artist
- In charge of overall quality of all graphic elements
- Created main titles, special effect shots, and compositing
RIVERS FOR CHANGE, Los Angeles, California
A non-profit devoted to the protection and health of rivers and watersheds.
Motion Graphics Designer, Web Application Developer
- Created animations to enhance promotional videos
- Developed interactive web application
IMPROVITECTURE, Chicago, Illinois
Walking tours led by comedians.
- Started and managed a walking tour company led by improvisational comedians in Chicago
TOWERS POST, INC., Chicago, Illinois
Produces programming for US and international TV networks.
3d Generalist, Motion Graphics Designer
- Created content for: The Discovery Channel, The History Channel, National Geographic, The Weather Channel
- Created stereoscopic 3d animations, including cleanup of 3d photos and compositing
- Collaborated with a medical doctor to create accurate scientific animations
- Created Renderfarm pipeline and tools for use in daily and final renders
ONE 6 PRODUCTIONS, Chicago, Illinois
3d Generalist, Motion Graphics Designer
- Modeled and animated a character for integration into live action footage
- Composited different elements to make transitions and credits
MERCER, Chicago, Illinois
Global leader for trusted HR and related financial advice, products, and services.
Motion Graphics Designer
- Created interactive game show for corporate education
TOON RANCH, Chicago, Illinois
Animation company who made kids shows
3D Animator, Technical Director, Modeler
- 3d rigging and animation for an animated television pilot
- Developed pipeline tools for Lightwave renderfarm
Back to Professional Experience
- 3d Studio Max
- Cinema 4D
Still Graphics and Editing Software
- B.A. with Honors, Film and Video
- Concentration: Computer Animation
- Columbia College, Chicago, Illinois 2004
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST